We know that entering APO or FPO addresses on our site can be kind of tricky. Here’s a photo guide to help you out (for detailed instructions please read on after the photo):
While shipping to our deployed servicemen and women overseas can be an incredibly fulfilling experience, showering thoughtful treats and reminders of home to those who need it most, struggling to get that bizarre looking address entered in correctly really isn’t. We’re here to help make placing those APO and FPO orders the breeze it should be so you can both enjoy!
- First, head here to utilize our Military Discount, our way of saying Thank You for your (and their) service: https://www.mancrates.com/store/pages/military. Anything that goes into your cart after this step will see those savings applied.
- Once you’ve selected that perfect item from our website, begin by adding it to your shopping cart. If you’d like to send more than one item, click the Man Crates logo in the upper left corner to continue shopping.
**It’s important to note that not all items can ship to all locations. Be aware of what region your soldier is in and how that might affect your selection. For example, if he’s serving in the Middle East, you won’t be able to send any gifts containing pork products. A great resource for this type of information is: https://www.military.com/deployment/what-to-send-someone-who-is-deployed.html**
- When your cart is as full as you’d like it to be, and those gift notes are filled in (remember to sign your name so the lucky recipient knows who to shower with praise for sending this awesome gift their way), it’s time to hit the orange Proceed to Checkout button (or Pay With Paypal).
- You should now be at step 1. Account Details on the Checkout screen. You’re welcome to Create Account, Continue as Guest, or sign in if you’ve previously set up an account and are a Returning Customer. Select whichever option you prefer. For the sake of this article, we’re going to hit that green button labeled: Continue as Guest.
- Welcome to step 2. Billing Address. Begin by entering your email address (this is where we’ll be sending your order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails) along with your billing details. **Be sure to unselect the checkbox I also want to ship to this address** so we can get that APO/FPO destination plugged in instead. When ready, hit that orange button labeled NEXT.
- We’re now on the highly anticipated step 3 of the checkout flow, Shipping Address. It’s time to enter the recipient’s name and address details:
*First Name: “Col. John”
*Last Name: “Doe”
Company Name: [Enter Company or Unit Name here] (Optional)
*Phone Number: [Enter your own phone number here]
*Address Line 1: Unit # or Address Identifier [Enter the ID you’ve got]
Address Line 2: [If there’s a box number or any other address info, it would go here, use the abbreviation Bx# for Box Number]
*Suburb/City: “APO” or “FPO”
*Country: “United States” [All APOs & FPOs are in the US]
*State/Province: “Armed Forces AA, AE, or AP [Select the one appropriate state]
***AA = Armed Forces Americas (except Canada)
***AE = Armed Forces Europe, Armed Forces Canada, Armed Forces Middle East, and Armed Forces Africa (this abbreviation does indeed go to all of these places)
***AP = Armed Forces Pacific
*Zip/Postcode: [5 digit zip is required. If this is an FPO, include the extra 4 digits as well]
Once the shipping address is completed, hit that orange NEXT button to proceed.
**Should you receive a Please Review message, there may be something amiss with your address. Triple check all the details are correct and entered in the appropriate fields, then select the orange button to Confirm Address.
- We’re now at step 4, Arrival Date. Notice the APO & FPO banner letting you know that these shipments can take a bit of extra time to arrive, generally 10-15 days via USPS. Select that orange NEXT button to review your order details.
- Welcome to step 5, the Confirmation screen. Here, you’ll see the item(s) you’ve chosen, your gift note message(s), and the pricing details. If all looks well, the Proceed to Payment button will see you to the final step.
**If at any point during the checkout flow you’d like to go back to an earlier stage of the checkout process, select the blue MODIFY button located at steps 2, 3, and 4 to edit details pertaining to the billing address, shipping address, or the arrival sections.
**To continue shopping, click that Man Crates logo in the upper left section beside the word CHECKOUT to return to our storefront.
- Step 6, Payment. Here, you’ll enter your credit card details before finally selecting Pay For Order. Once selected, you’ll be taken to our order confirmation screen, complete with your new order number. Keep an eye on your inbox for our order confirmation email heading your way as well. **Please hang onto that order confirmation email just in case you find yourself in need of support down the road. We’ll use that order number to help!
Congratulations on successfully placing an order to some of the trickiest shipping addresses not around. You did great, and that lucky recipient is going to be delighted in just a couple of weeks!
And lastly, thanks so much for your service (because being the loved one of a service member is an invaluable service in and of itself- they couldn’t do what they do without your endless love and support), and we could do what we do either. We salute you!
If it’s still giving you trouble, give us a call at (866) 902-7260! We’d love to help you get that order placed.